Thursday 27 June 2019

Only 9 more sleeps....

So I’m down to single figures now. Only 9 more sleeps until I board the plane for Paris.

Being my first solo trip, I’m starting to worry a little about a few niggly little things. For example, making sure I secure the bike at supermarkets, campgrounds and the like. Having my bike stolen would ruin my trip. I’m taking a lock but what if there is no pole to secure it to? Hmmm. I’ll work on this one.


I’ve organised a transfer from CDG to my hotel in Paris. This is the first time I’ve done this but travelling alone, my friends assure me it is a very sensible thing to do. As for the hotel in Paris, well that is also a first. Only for two nights but again, this means I can focus on putting the bike together and getting provisions. It also means I can rest and let someone else do the cooking for a couple of days to try to recover from the flight as quickly as possible. I’m staying here: http://hoteldelaportedoree.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt9ff5ZGI4wIVyRwrCh2Z-wJ-EAAYASAAEgLlQ_D_BwE
This is a ‘cycle friendly’ hotel and apparently they will store my bike box. I will post later to confirm whether this is actually the case.

The baggage is slowly coming together and it even looks like it will fit on a bike now.

Now to finalise the ‘bits and pieces’.......

1 comment:

  1. Please upgrade your bike lock even the first timer bike thief will be through that in seconds.

    ReplyDelete