Wednesday 10 July 2024

More walking and a train station recon

 After a picture perfect day yesterday, this morning I woke to dreary skies. I had planned to do a recon to the train station to map my route in preparation for my departure tomorrow.  I decided to do some more exploring on foot and wait for the weather to pass, which it mostly did by late afternoon.

Lisbon is such a vibrant city with so much to see and do. Today I happened to cross an indoor market. It was a really interesting place and reminded me of Victoria markets in Melbourne and also markets throughout France but most famously Paris and Lyon. 

The streets in the old town are super steep and the drizzle made the cobbles very challenging. I can’t believe the amount of people here, I had secretly hoped they’d mostly be in France for the olympics! 











Tomorrow is my first official cycling day. I’ve not planned a big one as the first is always the hardest. The wobbles with all the gear on the first day are truly a challenge. It takes me a few days to get into a rhythm. Stay tuned, 


4 comments:

  1. Following your great adventure with keen interest! Wishing you well! Stay safe and enjoy all that comes your way! Regards Kelvin Alley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelvin. So happy to have you following along.

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a good run for tomorrow…
    A part of me would like to be doing it with you… very envious 😊
    Maybe next time… travel safe .

    ReplyDelete