Tuesday 2 July 2024

The game of Tetris

 

This trip has been four years in the making after Covid put a stop to my plans in 2020. After my accident last year, my focus has been on staying fit and healthy. It’s been a challenge both mentally and physically but I’m now only a few days out and wrapping myself in cotton wool. No more riding until I arrive in Lisbon.

Anyone who has toured before knows the challenge of getting your bike in a box, your gear in a bag, and getting on a plane without paying excess baggage. I haven’t had to pay in more than ten years of touring and fingers crossed won’t need to this time. 

Packing has been more sporadic than I would have liked but today I got there. The only decision left to make is whether to use an AirTag in the duffle bag. I have one in the bike so am still considering whether I need to do this for the rest of my gear. The weighing will happen at the airport when I have both moral and physical support. 

Some photos during my Tetris process over the past week. If only work didn’t get in the way.












2 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic time. I look forward to following your journey

    ReplyDelete