Monday 15 July 2024

Praia da Vieira to Sao Pedro - 37km

Another short day today to get my re-routing organised. My night at the hotel was lovely and comfortable despite a not so great dinner. 

I’d been recommended this camp ground in Sao Pedro by a Swiss touring cyclist I met on the path. He advised this campground as opposed to the one in Figuera do Foz. It was a great choice as apart from no shade, which is fine because it’s cool, the facilities are great. There is a small town close by and a free boat across to Figuera. Direct access to the beach if you’re brave enough to swim. They have a small supermarket here and a restaurant where I was finally able to get some gluten free food! Unfortunately I have very little appetite at the moment which is proving challenging as I need fuel to do the kms I’m planning. 



The riding today was lovely, separated paths and quiet roads. Apart from the last 10km which were crazy busy but I had a good shoulder. I finally found a EuroVelo sign! The first in over 200km! 




Tomorrow will be a big day so I’ve booked a guest house again. Only 10 euro more than camping. 🤨 


2 comments:

  1. It looks like it's all coming together now Sue. Glad you found some gluten free food and other touring cyclists. Loving the photos! Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete