Thursday 18 July 2019

Coulon to Civray - 90kms

Today was the first day Elodie and I cycled together. Elodie was amazing given this is her first ride in a long time. She is super fit!  We cycled through mostly farmlands and small villages. There were fields and fields of sunflowers. It was mostly on very small roads that are just for the local farmers and therefore we needed to be vigilant to make sure we were aware of oncoming cars and tractors.

We broke the day up with short stops and a lunch stop where we consumed most of whatever food we had with us. The weather is very warm which is lovely but we need to make sure we apply enough sunscreen. We both got burnt today. 

We arrived in Civray exhausted and found the campground a little difficult to find. We were keen to have a Mojito, try to resolve my issue with SFR and get some groceries for dinner. We managed to find the Mojito at the campground! Yay! And managed a short walk to the supermarket just before they closed! Yay! 

Unfortunately SFR is more complicated. Apparently they have blocked my SIM without telling me as they want me to provide proof of identity because they think there is something wrong with what I provided. This is despite me being in store with my passport to purchase my SIM card. They want me to email a copy of my passport! Not likely! Looks like I’ve lost 40 euro but they have also lost not only me as a traveller who has used them for years, but they have lost my referrals to many people to use them. Apparently there are a lot of complaints on the internet about the same issue. 

C’est la vie! 














1 comment:

  1. Way to go Susie Q.! May your spirit rise higher than a chocolate souffle your musings appear clearer than a good consomme and your dreams sweeter than a creme brulee.
    Best of luck,
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete