Monday 8 July 2019

I’m in Paris!


The long haul flight was exactly that, a long haul. They are always rough but without them, it’s impossible to experience all that this world has on offer.




I arrived at CDG in Paris to the longest immigration line I have ever seen in the last 10 years. I couldn't quite work out if something had occurred to create such a long line but it didn't matter. I couldn't change it. 

I eventually found my bike box, albeit a little worse for wear and my other luggage without too much trouble. I also found my vehicle transfer after being in the wrong location but the driver was very understanding. 





I arrived at my accommodation for the next two nights, Hotel de la Porte Doree, close to the Bois de Vincennes. The lovely young lady on Reception, Lucile, is a delight and I've had a coffe and piece of fruit while I wait for my room to be ready. After a much needed shower and some well deserved food, I put the bike together quite easily. The only hard bit was pumping up the tyres, injury number one. 

Afterwards I discovered a track pump at the hotel. Sigh! 







I was so exhausted that I decided not to test ride the bike today but wait until tomorrow. Riding on Paris streets even with bike lanes can be challenging let alone when you are sleep deprived.

My room is clean and tidy and the staff are very friendly. I will report back on the GF breakfast tomorrow morning. I have a lot to do tomorrow such as food, fuel, water, SIM 
card, etc. Until then......

Bonne nuit!

1 comment:

  1. Ah Sue, the memories from 6 weeks ago are flooding back after reading your blog about arriving dog tired and having to set up the bike. I stayed at the airport the first night as I never arrived until after 2030 and then I assembled the bike and rode from CDG to Paris through the back cargo area roads.
    cheers
    Brian

    ReplyDelete