Monday 15 July 2019

Saintes Gemmes sur Loire to Argenton les Vallees 70km

The riding today was beautiful but a little tough. As I rode south of the Loire, I rode into wine country. That means rolling hills and lots of them. I don’t know how many vertical metres I climbed but it seems like a lot. Nothing massive but just many of them. 

I was surprised by the terrain but I guess I shouldn’t be given I’m no longer following the Loire route. The velo route on the Loire is quite rough in places and not really great for a fully loaded touring bike. It’s probably great with a light load or with a bike with some suspension, but on the Sequoia, it’s quite uncomfortable.

The campground I’m in is close to a lake and there is a nice restaurant on the lake itself. I think I might shout myself dinner tonight as I have a big day tomorrow and could do with not having to cook and clean. I’ve had a glass of Rose and an alcohol free Mojito on the house. One of the specials is Moules Frites! My favourite. ðŸ˜€

I need to make an early start tomorrow as I have another big day. I’m hoping for a few less hills. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment